Branch Executive Director
This position is located in El Paso, TX and on the Army Post Fort Bliss, TX that exclusively serves active duty Soldiers and their families.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Armed Services YMCA Branch that exclusively serves the active duty military service members and their families on Fort Bliss. This position supervises all staff at the branch and works closely with the Board of Management to develop and maintain the mission, vision, strategic plan, and goals of the branch and executes their implementation. Our ideal candidate has proven experience and results in developing, executing, and evaluating programs and services based on the needs of the military community and resources available within approved annual budget; high performing staff management and development; fundraising; strategic planning; board development; budget development; and fiscal management. The Executive Director is responsible and accountable to the National Armed Services YMCA of the USA President/CEO for all branch operations.
A full job description will be provided to candidates who interview for the position.
Below is a summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Develop, execute, and evaluate programs and services based on the needs of the military community and resources available within approved annual budget.
• Serve as an effective spokesperson for the branch; represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, military and government officials, organizations, and the public.
• Develop and maintain sound financial practices with the guidance of National Headquarters and under the supervision of the Board of Management.
• Responsible for all fundraising aspects of the Branch (corporate, foundation/grant, and individual), to provide adequate resources for programming.
• Establish positive and collaborative working relationships with local Board members to facilitate involvement in programs and fundraising.
• Provide leadership to branch in developing and implementing strategic plan, succession plan, short and long-term goals, and organizational policies and procedures.
• Cultivate relationships in the community with business and social/civic organizations.
• Effectively recruit, manage, and encourage volunteers and employees.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required plus 10+ years’ experience of successful operational and management experience; at an executive level
• 5+ years’ experience developing and managing multiple programs required.
• Knowledge and understanding of military culture and related social service organizations required.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a budget, monitor expenditures, review and understand financial reports and take corrective action when necessary required.
• Able to cultivate strong, productive, and accountable relationships with the Board of Management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit and manage volunteers.
• Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal/human relations skills and ability to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly proficient in using computer, Internet and general office software (e.g., Microsoft Office).
• Able to work after hours (nights, weekends) as needed and available for local travel daily (e.g., local businesses, meetings, branch locations) and for overnight business travel, estimated at up to 10%.
• Previous experience working with or for a non-profit organization preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. ASYMCA offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (attach as pdf)
Attention: ASYMCA Board Chair
Apply by Mail to: Armed Services YMCA
Attention: ASYMCA Board Chair
7060 Comington Street
El Paso, TX 79930-4200
Resumes Accepted Until: December 1, 2015 close of business