About 250 children and parents joined us at YMCA Healthy Kids Day on May 3rd, 2014, to learn more about making fitness fun through programs that teach healthy ways to play and stay active, connected and healthy. Activities and information included games, sports, healthy eating habits, dental care, and more. Participants received a T-shirt. Healthy Kids Day was held in conjunction with the Killeen/Heights Rotary Clubs Annual Crawfish Boil and Catfish Fry.
YMCA Healthy Kids Day gave parents the opportunity to register for summer programs like day camps, various youth sports, swim lessons, and to learn more about healthy living.
Participating organizations included:
- ASYMCA Child Care and Summer Camp (Children and Family)
- ASYMCA Family Center + Zumba + Karate (Children and Family
- ASYMCA Aquatics (Children and Adults)
- ASYMCA Program Center (Teen Programs):
- ASYMCA Operation Kid Comfort (Children and Family)
- CENTEX ORTHODONTICS (Children and Family Dental Care)
- Johnson School of Performing Arts (Children);
- Scott and White Health Plan) Children and Family Health Insurance Information)
- Workforce Solutions of Central Texas (Childcare)
- Fort Hood Child Development Center (Children and Family)
- TootyTots (Children and Family)