On Deadline? Need More Information?
Contact Brittany Catton, Director of Marketing | PR | and Social Media to assist on media matters that are important to military families.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 455-3986, ext. 112
We also have Military Family Experts available to speak on various topics that impact military families.
Captain Landers served on numerous Submarines and Submarine Rescue Ships in various at sea billets and commanded the USS Ortolan (ASR-22). He also served at various shore installations and commanded the Naval Submarine Base in Bangor WA. He served his last job in the Navy as the Deputy Chief of Naval Legislative Affairs. He attended the Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF) earning a Master’s Degree in Resource Management. He also received a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Golden Gate University in San Francisco. He has attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Center for International Studies course in Foreign Politics and the National Interest.
Captain Landers and his wife of 40 years (Kris) reside in Fairfax Station, Virginia. They have three grown children: Tim, Megan and Michael. Captain Landers has been awarded the Legion of Merit (5 awards), Meritorious Service Medal (3 awards), and numerous other medals and campaign ribbons.
He joined the Armed Services YMCA in 1999 and served 12 years as the Chief Operating Officer (COO). He became the President and CEO of the Armed Services YMCA in May 2011 and currently holds that position.
Captain Landers has served and/or continues to serve on the board of several military related organizations, including:
- Secretary of the Navy Advisory Council for Retired Military Matters
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) (Investment Committee Chairman)
- Military and Veterans Patriotic Service Organizations of American Federation Board (Treasurer)
- Partners in Prevention (To End Childhood Sexual Abuse) Steering Group
- White Oak Collaborative for Military Families – Steering Group
- Secretary of Defense Non-Profit Roundtable