Community-Based Wounded Transition Unit

A service member who has been sent home to recover and complete rehabilitation. These Wounded Warriors will be issued Temporary Duty orders in increments of 6-months to CBWTU in their home of record. These orders will be renewed based on their rehabilitative progress. Any Service member with a current set of temporary duty orders to a CBWTU is eligible regardless of the time remaining on their orders. Renewals will also be allowed as long as the Service member has a current set of orders, regardless of the duration, and has meet the 8 individual days of attendance per month for the previous 6 month membership.

Active Duty Title 10 Only (Title 32 personnel not authorized due to funding restrictions)

Service Personnel and their families are eligible for the duration of the 6 months Temporary Duty orders.

Membership Renewal Requirement: 8 Individual Visits Per Month (either individual or family members). A visit is defined as: Participant of the Military Outreach Initiative comes into the YMCA and scans his or her card for that day’s workout. That is 1 visit for that calendar day. Multiple swipes by that participant or participant’s family members do not constitute multiple visits in 1 day. For attendance purposes all visits in 1 day are counted only once.

Example: Father comes in at 6 a.m. and scans his card for a workout session. Mother and three children come in at 1pm and each person scans their cards for a workout session) — This will not count as 5 visits for this day. It is counted as 1 visit for the calendar day. The DoD requires 8 calendar days of usage per membership per month in order to qualify for renewal consideration.

Renewal IS NOT based on 48 visits in 6 months — 8 Individual Calendar Days Per month is the Minimum Requirement for Renewal Consideration.


A copy of Title 10 Temporary Duty orders in increments of 6-months to CBWTU in their home of record must be presented when applying for YMCA Membership Active Duty Military ID Card

Download the Community Based Warrior Transition Unit eligibility form and take it to your local participating YMCA.