September 20, 2013 – San Diego, CA- As the San Diego Padres season is coming to a close, The Armed Services YMCA San Diego would like to recognize the entire staff and team for their continued dedication and support to local military members and their families. During the 2013 season, each Sunday home game was a designated military appreciation game saluting a different aspect of the military each week.
This season, the ASY was selected as a charitable partner of the San Diego Padres, and boy did they spoil us! During this season alone, the Padres provided the ASY with:
- Over 1,000 Padres tickets
- On field recognition at Military Opening Day, Military Spouse Appreciation Game, Salute to the Military Child Game, and Salute to the Military Family Game
- 5 VIP Nike experiences for military families
- Private “military kids press conference” with Padres manager Bud Black
- A week of Charitable Partner recognition at Petco Park for the ASY, along with a special pre-game ceremony where the ASY was presented with a $5,000 donation by generous donor Cymer and the San Diego Padres Foundation
We want to give a huge thank you to the San Diego Padres for making this season one to remember for the ASYMCA and all of the families who were able to experience all of the great opportunities that you have provided us!