Resiliency Starts Here
The Armed Services YMCA of Alaska and the Seven Stars Foundation Inc. are partnering to send military kids to Camp Fire Alaska's Camp K on Kenai Lake!
Nestled along the shores of Kenai Lake in Cooper Landing, Camp Fire Alaska's Camp K is Alaska's longest-running overnight camp for boys and girls. Enjoy beach access, hiking trails, boating activities, large fields for outdoor games, an art building, as well as river rafting and horseback riding. Find this 160-acre campus within the Chugach National Forest, just a two-hour bus ride from Anchorage. Kids get the chance to experience the epic beauty of "wild Alaska" in all its glory.
- Dates: July 11-16 -OR- July 18-23
- Cost: $50 per child per week
- Ages: 6-17 years
- Eligibility: Children must be dependents of active duty military, permanently stationed in Alaska
- Transportation from Anchorage is provided by Camp Fire Alaska's Camp K.
- The registration process has two parts:
- First, you must register and pay through the AKASYMCA portal to reserve your child’s spot. Registration is open March 1-15, 2021. Priority registration for E1-E5 takes place March 1-4. All other ranks may register March 5-15.
- Next, you must create an account with Camp Fire Alaska's Camp K in order to fill out waivers and forms, including current immunization records and a physical, to complete registration. This must take place March 17-31.
- No child is turned away due to inability to pay. Please contact Events Director, Brina Lynch, at 907-353-5963 with questions, or to inquire about Financial Assistance.