Support to help you focus on your health
For military parents, it can often be difficult to focus on their own health and well-being when their attention is divided between their care provider and their children. The ASYMCA Children's Waiting Room (CWR) provides a safe, nurturing environment for children while their parents attend medical appointments at the JBER Hospital, the Bassett Army Community Hospital on Ft. Wainwright, or the Baker Field House on Eilson AFB.
The ASYMCA is deeply committed to providing an affordable, safe, nurturing, and fun environment for our children. We welcome you to call us to ask questions or to schedule a visit. Within all of our programs, you will find a strong emphasis on the core values of the ASYMCA: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Available to service members and their dependents
- Provides up to two hours of supervision for children during medical appointments
- Suggested donation of $1/child, per hour
- Reservations are strongly encouraged and should be made as far in advance as possible
- Walk-ins are based on availability
- Closed on hospital training days, weekends, and federal holidays
ACCESSING THIS PROGRAM:
- Your child must be pre-registered for the Children's Waiting Room program prior to their first visit.
- To get pre-registered, please complete the registration packet. A link to that packet is accessible below, or at each of our Children's Waiting Room locations. Completed packets can be emailed to CWR at the email addresses below, or hand delivered to the program location.
- Please note that a current copy of your child's vaccination record must be provided along with your registration packet.
- To schedule an appointment, please call or email using the contact information below, or stop by the progam location.