The Combat Fishing Tournament is open to junior enlisted service members who are stationed in Alaska from all service branches and duty statuses (active, guard, and reserve). Please note there are specific eligibility requirements that must be met in order to register for this event.
Please take a moment to verify you meet these requirements before proceeding. Failure to adhere to the eligibility requirements could result in the forfeiture of your $25 registration fee.
- Must be E1 - E5
- Must be a first time participant in the tournament. (Previous attendees, E6-E9 & Officers are not eligible.)
- Must be active duty or currently serving (yes, Guard and Reserves are included).
- You must be permanently stationed in Alaska. Service members who are TDY to Alaska are not eligible.
- Must be eligible to take leave during a duty day, and will be required to submit a completed approval form from your “leave manager” during the registration process.
- You must have a valid Alaskan fishing license, and must submit a copy of your license during the registration process. A salmon stamp is not required in most cases, but we encourage you to purchase one prior to the tournament if you intend to salmon fish anytime during the summer.
HOW TO REGISTER:
If you have determined that you are eligible to participate in the Combat Fishing Tournament, please follow the instructions below to complete your registration. Please note there is a substantial amount of information you will need to review as a participant. Please review it carefully to ensure you do not lose your place in the tournament.
Please read through all the steps before proceeding to registration.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and have a current fishing license. If you are not certain of your eligibility, please contact the ASYMCA Welcome Center at (907) 552-9622.
- Download the Leave Verification Form and Tournament Info by clicking the icons located at the bottom of this web page.
- Read the Tournament Info carefully so that you understand what to expect as a participant in the tournament.
- Have your leave manager complete the Leave Verification Form.
- If you have not done so already, you will need to purchase a fishing license.
- Once your paperwork is in order, click the "GET REGISTERED" link below to get to My ASYMCA. This is where you will complete your registration and pay your $25 registration fee.
- Make sure you have a scanned copy of your fishing license and Leave Verification Form ready to go. (PRO-TIP: You can use your smartphone to take a photograph of each item.)
- In the My ASYMCA storefront, click on the "Combat Fishing Tournament" listing, then click the plus sign to reveal the session. Click the blue "add session" icon and log in as prompted. (Note: If you do not have a profile set up with us, you will need to create one. Make sure you provide a valid email address during profile setup, as this will be required to receive your final documents.)
- Complete the registration form and check out as prompted. You will be required to upload your Leave Verification Form and a copy of your fishing license in order to complete your registration.
- Once your registration has been completed, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Your boarding pass will be issued the week of May 6, with all passes issued no later than May 10. Your boarding pass is not transferable or refundable, and your boat assignment is final.