STATUS: Part-Time Non-Exempt, JBER Branch
Basic Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Bargain Shop Manager, the Bargain Shop Associate provides sorting, stocking and retail assistance at the ASYMCA Bargain Shop to fulfill our mission of enhancing the lives of military members and their families in spirit, mind, and body through programs relevant to the unique challenges of military life.
Functions and Duties:
- Assist the Bargain Shop Manager in delivering exceptional customer service to shop patrons
- Sort items received through donation
- Hang, fold, clean and prepare items for display
- Help customers find specific requested items as needed
- Conduct cash and credit card sale transactions; handle and count money
- Other duties as assigned to aid in delivering quality programs and services to JBER service members and their families
- Retail environment using computer, printer and cash register.
- Standing for extended periods of time while sorting, staging or performing cashier duties.
- Ability to work under pressure. Interface with patrons to include military personnel, community and philanthropic organizations, ASYMCA staff and volunteers.
- Physical demands are stretching, bending, reaching overhead and the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be customer service oriented with good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is desired.
- Possess multi-tasking abilities with solid organization and planning skills.
- Must be able to function in various work environments to include but not limited to, administrative areas, retail store floor and sorting areas.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work assignments with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Basic cash handling and cash register experience.
- Experience with military lifestyles/community preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
Post Hire Requirements:
- Pass a background check.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience with a non-profit organization is a plus.