Annual Art & Essay Contest
We get hundreds of submissions each year from military children looking to express themselves creatively. We appreciate their artwork and essays that give others a glimpse into their military lifestyle and all the strengths and challenges that come with it. The annual contest also encourages our military children to communicate in a healthy way through art and writing.
Art & essay topics are shared each November during Military Family Month. Winners are announced the following April.
The Art Contest :
Promotes art and art appreciation
- Is open to children in grades K–6 of active duty or retired members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard/Reserves
The Essay Contest:
- Promotes literacy and written language skills
- Is open to all school-age children grades 1-12 of active duty or retired members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard/Reserves
- An Apple iPod Touch are awarded to the winners in the art categories and grades 1-8 in the essay categories.
- iPads are awarded to winners for the essay contest for grades 9-12
Sign up now so you don't miss the deadline! Go here for more information on this year's contest.
Here is the 2017 winner for the Air Force art category, drawn by Taunya Thompson, Grade 6.
2017 Art Winners: