The Armed Services YMCA offers junior enlisted families the chance to participate in family, youth, and teen camps year-round at our branches and affiliate locations. Camps encourage healthy living as part of our core mission of strengthening our military family. ASYMCA camps and retreats provide much needed recreational and bonding opportunities for military children and families who have experienced multiple deployments.
Through camps and camping opportunities, ASYMCA provides fun, educational and safe outdoor experiences for military children and families to bond, make new friends and build their support networks by connecting with others who have similar backgrounds and experiences as members of the military community.
Camps and Camping opportunities:
- Increase opportunities for junior enlisted military children to have quality outdoor experiences in the natural world
- Improve the quality of outdoor environmental education for military children and families
- Strengthen networking among organizations that provide outdoor experiences for military children
- Build confidence and enhance self image
- Improve social skills that reflect age-appropriate behavior
- Teach healthy management and expression of anger, and conflict resolution
- Increase bonds with family and encourage developing relationships with other military children
- Equip military children and families with tools and resources to cope with the challenges of being a military child or family
Why We Need Your Support…
Camps and Camping are the most requested programs by troops and their families. The ASYMCA consistently has more demand for outdoor programs than we can meet. We continually expand our programming and funding, but unfortunately we were still unable to meet the demand. Registration for our camps and retreats fill up quickly and many are left on wait lists.
If you or your company is interested in supporting Camps and Camping, contact Ashish Vazirani, Chief Development Officer.