December 17, 2019: What an honor it is for the Armed Services YMCA Fort Bragg to serve military families here in North Carolina.
Every day we come into the office excited at the difference we make and eager for the next opportunity to serve. We not only work with a great group of individuals, but also with a phenomenal volunteer base who make our programs possible.2019 has been an exciting year thanks to the support of our members, dedication of volunteers, and perseverance of community partners. Here are just a few of the accomplishments that we, as a community, have made to support Fort Bragg families:
- Opened a food pantry in mid-September for any military member or veterans in need. To date over 4,200 pounds of food have been donated to over 150 families to date.
- Started Children's Waiting Room at Womack Army Medical Center in November. This free child watch service allows military families to receive attentive personalized care without the worry of child care.
- Sent 55 families home for the holidays thanks as part of Operation Ride Home, sponsored by Jack Daniel's.
- Provided over 275 personalized quilts and pillows to the children of deployed service members in North and South Carolina.
- Supported over 2,300 families through Baby Bundles (supplies for new parents), car seat giveaways, toy giveaways, and diapers.
And those are just a small part of what we do for Fort Bragg. We support military children living both on Fort Bragg and off, through various programs such as Operation Hero, Operation Little Learners, Summer Camp, and Child Care.
Again, we could not continue our mission of Strengthening Our Military Family without your support. Thank you for all you do for Fort Bragg.
We are excited to serve even more soldiers, airmen, veterans and their families in 2020.