November 12, 2019: The Armed Services YMCA Fort Bragg is thrilled at the generous outpouring of support from volunteers, military personnel, and civilians who have made the food pantry possible.
We would like to thank our donors of Cracker Barrel and Publix for their monetary support. Additionally, this project would not be possible without the support of the North Commissary on Fort Bragg, The Exchange on Fort Bragg, Religious Support Services of Fort Bragg, 1BCT 82nd ABN DIV soldiers and families, PWOC, community groups, religious organizations, and individuals who have donated items. From everyone here at the Armed Services YMCA Fort Bragg and the families you support - thank you!
Volunteers are also another vital ingredient to the opening and maintenance of the food pantry! Volunteers pick-up donated goods, sort and inventory donations, physically stock the pantry and help us spread the word about the pantry. We would be unable provide this necessary service without the generous dedication of time and talent by volunteers.
Since opening on September 11, 2019 a total of 94 military families have utilized the program utilizing 1,900 pounds of food.
How you can help:
- We take non-perishable donations that are unopened and unexpired any time we are open (Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm). The items we most need are: proteins (tuna, chicken, nut butters), pastas and rice, jelly, canned fruits (in juice preferred), and canned vegetables.
- We welcome your group, unit, business, or organization to conduct a food drive anytime! We have signage we can provide and can provide support in picking up donated items.
- You can drop off donated items directly at the North Commissary! Donation bins will be located just beyond checkout. Additionally, you can donate money upon checkout to be used directly to purchase non-perishable items for the Armed Services YMCA. Volunteers pick up donations weekly.
- Visit our informational booth at the South Exchange on November 15 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. We will have information on what items are most needed and a place where you can drop off donations.
- You can ship non-perishable items directly to our office! Our address is 2-2411 Rodney Trail, Fort Bragg NC 28307. (The image below is a surprise shipment we received from an anonymous donor on November 7, 2019)