Our Mission, Guiding Principles and Mission Focus
The Armed Services YMCA enhances the lives of military members and their families in spirit, mind and body through programs relevant to the unique challenges of military life.
The Armed Services YMCA will:
1. Be guided by Christian principles with a holistic approach to develop and promote healthy spirit, mind and body;
2. Be inclusive and treat everyone with compassion and respect;
3. Collaborate with military commands and community organizations
4. Honor the service members' and their families' commitment to defend our Nation; and
5. Strive for excellence in all we do
Priority shall be given to providing needed programs and services for junior enlisted personnel, both single and married, and their family members. The focus of work shall be in three areas - youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Services may be provided to military personnel other than junior enlisted where resources are available. Programs and services shall be designed to complement and supplement those provided by the Armed Forces, either on or off military installations as appropriate.