Bringing Families Together
The Jack Daniels and the Armed Services YMCA Operation Ride Home program helps bring military families together for the holidays. Operation Ride Home sponsors travel for eligible service members and their dependents to travel from their duty station back home to spend time with their families. Reconnecting military families during this special time of year is one small way Operation Ride Home is strengthening military families. For the first time since the program’s inception, Operation Ride Home has been expanded to include service members stationed in Alaska.
- Travel assistance of up to $400/family member
- Participants are determined and prioritized based on financial need
- Travel destination must be at least 350 miles from the service member’s installation
- Travel destination must be within the Unites States
- Participants must complete an application and submit a video testimonial
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applicants must be Active Duty E4 or below (dependents may not complete the application unless their service member is currently deployed)
- Family members must travel with their service member, unless he/she is deployed at the time of travel
- Open state-wide, but must be permanently stationed in Alaska
- Command approved with financial need
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download the application below.
- The service member applying to Operation Ride Home will complete page one of the application.
- Unit leadership (1stSgt) of the applying service member must complete page two of the application.
- The complete application and a brief video (60-90 seconds) telling your story must be emailed to Welcome.Center@akasymca.org no later than close of business on Friday, 20 October, 2017.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD